How to get unbreakable lockpick
The “how to keep the skeleton key and finish the quest” is a short article that will show you how to get the Unbreakable Lockpick.
One of the most valuable abilities in Skyrim is lockpicking. Lockpicks, however, are not particularly long-lasting. With the exception of the Skeleton Key. You won’t have to continually buying new lockpicks if you find this impenetrable lockpick. But how can you locate it?
While you could level up your Lockpicking talent to 100 and spend at least six perks in the skill tree to make all of your lockpicks impenetrable, it would take a long time. Finding the Skeleton Key early on and using it to open boxes and doors containing crafting materials, weapons, armor, and other items is considerably simpler.
This tutorial for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will show you how to get the Skeleton Key, an indestructible lockpick.
In Skyrim, how do you get the unbreakable lockpick?
Brynjolf can help you.
To begin, talk with Brynjolf, a Thieves Guild member, in the Riften Marketplace in the Rift, which is marked by the red marker on the map above.
As soon as you enter the market, Brynjolf will approach you. He’ll ask you to finish the An Unexpected Arrangement task. Accept the Thieves Guild main questline’s series of tasks to begin your quest for the Skeleton Key, which includes:
- A Chance Arrangement
- Taking Charge of Things
- Clearly audible
- Spirits of Damnation
- The blunder of a scoundrel
- With Silence, I Speak
- Answers that are difficult to find
- The Search
- Trinity Has Been Restored
- Return of the Darkness
- Under New Directions
The Skeleton Key, which becomes accessible during the Blindsighted quest, will take some time to get, so be patient!
Irkngthand is a great place to visit.
The yellow point on the map above indicates Irkngthand, an old Dwemer ruin west of Windhelm.
Follow these steps after you’ve arrived in Irkngthand:
- Ascend to the ruins and annihilate a gang of outlaws.
- Once inside, loot the chests and go to the second floor.
- Turn right to go to the Dwarven Sphere’s hall.
- Use creeping to go around it, or a bow to take it out.
- Make a left and leap over the barrier.
- When you get to the Flame Towers, take a shortcut around them.
- Go upstairs to the main entrance after you’ve reached the barrier.
- Defeat the Spider of the Dwarves
- To open the main gate, pull the lever adjacent to it.
Look for Mercer Frey.
You should be able to chat with Karliah in a new location that has been opened. Follow her and Brynjolf through the forest, dodging traps, until you discover Mercer Frey, the traitorous thief who has the Skeleton Key.
- Down the hall, take the stairwell.
- As rapidly as possible, pull both levers on the opposing sides of the gate.
- Go to the top of the crumbling tower.
- Fight or slip around Dwarven Centurion once you arrive.
- After that, go to the Frostbite Spiders’ region.
- Down the stairwell, fight another Dwarven Spider.
- Fight or sneak past Chaurus and Falmer once inside the cave.
- Enter the gate leading to the Irkngthand Sanctuary at the end.
Mercer Frey must be defeated.
You’ll run across Mercer Frey again inside the sanctuary, who will cast spells on your friends, forcing them to battle each other.
Ignore your followers from this point forward and depend only on your own abilities to overcome Mercer Frey:
- To find Mercer Frey, who employs Invisibility, use Detect Life or the Aura Whisper dragon scream.
- Windshear, earned by the Night Mother of the Dark Brotherhood’s “Hail Sithis!” quest, is the finest blade against Frey.
- If you’re a Mage, summon Atronachs, who can see past Mercer Frey’s invisibility.
- Use Power Shot if you’re an archer to do the greatest damage to him.
- Unrelenting Force, earned from Arngier in the High Hrothgar monastery on Tamriel’s “The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller” quest, is the most potent dragon cry against Frey.
Loot Mercer Frey’s corpse for the Skeleton Key and other treasures after he’s been vanquished.
Irkngthand should be avoided at all costs.
The cave will begin to flood at this point; here’s how to get out:
- Allow time for the water to reach the statue’s summit.
- The rock that supports the statue will crumble.
- A new opening should appear above it.
- Examine the new opening.
Finally, you should arrive to the Bronze Water Cave.
Keep the Skeleton Key in your possession.
Karliah will instruct you to return the Skeleton Key to the Twilight Sepulcher at the conclusion of the task. You may do this if you wish to finish the Thieves Guild questline, or you can keep the impenetrable lockpick and skip the remainder of the assignments.
It is suggested that you retain the Skeleton Key since you will now have an impenetrable lockpick and will never need to purchase lockpicks again, but it is entirely up to you!
Guides related to
That’s all there is to know about getting the indestructible skeleton key lockpick in Skyrim. Please visit our dedicated hub page for more Skyrim tips and tricks articles.
The “skeleton key skyrim quest” is a quest in the game Skyrim. The skeleton key is a unique item that can be used to unlock any door.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get 100% Lockpicking?
A: Youll need to complete the quest line Holotape Recovery and take a holotape from each of the five different locations.
Can you ever get the Skeleton Key back?
A: I am sorry but the Skeleton Key is no longer available for purchase.
What happens if I keep the Skeleton Key in Skyrim?
A: If you keep the Skeleton Key in Skyrim, it will eventually go to a location that only you can retrieve.
- how to get the skeleton key skyrim
- unbreakable lockpick skyrim id
- skeleton key skyrim glitch
- skeleton key skyrim id
- can you duplicate the skeleton key in skyrim